Thursday, April 12, 2012

Swatches: Worth it!


Okay, so it has been incredibly hectic lately and please forgive me for the brief hiatus. So since I am addicted to looking at nail designs on Pintrest, and addicted to painting my own (sorry nails! I swear I'm changing!), seeing people painting nail acrylic tips so they don't paint their nails daily like I thought was a great plan. I know better now and ordered 500 clear acrylic full size tips and I think with tax and shipping, they cost $6.03 or something....? But I found them at the Born Pretty store! So worth it. Then I hot glued them to a toothpick, when you are hot gluing be careful that the nail doesn't melt. Before you stick the toothpick on the inside of nail, let it cool for a second or two before you make contact of the two. Then I took masking tape and wrapped it around the base with it's name, it's brand, and how many coats I used on the swatch. Also ended up cutting up an empty tissue box and messing around with it enough to use the other half as slot dividers. This whole thing took me about two weeks... but it was also an incredibly busy two weeks. This is an awesome weekend project and your nails will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment