Thursday, April 26, 2012

Skillet Fried Chicken Tutorial

A while ago I posted the link for a delicious recipe for skillet fried chicken. I literally have made it twice this week already. I love this recipe so much. I changed a few things from the original recipe that I linked in the original post. This is a step by step tutorial on my take of this awesome meal that puts KFC to shame!





Alright here is your ingredient list, pretty straight forward.



Now is time for the instructions. Like I said, I have played around to see what I liked and what I didn't like about this recipe.

1. Gather all ingredients. Make sure the chicken is defrosted- it will help reduce the cooking time.
2. Pour about 3/4" of oil into a cast iron skillet and turn onto light-medium! NOT ONTO HIGH JUST TO HEAT UP FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can tell if the oil is hot enough by taking a little piece of bread or really any other small piece of food and drop it in the oil, it its starts frying, you are golden.
3. Mix flour, garlic powder, cornstarch, paprika, salt, pepper, and onion powder in a medium size bowl.
4. Mix the buttermilk and egg together in a different bowl.
5. Take the chicken and dip it in the buttermilk/egg mixture and then move it into the dry toppings. Then repeat once on each side just for added toppings.
6. Drop carefully into the oil using tongs.
7. Turning chicken about every three minutes, depending on size, keep an eye on the color. When the chicken has just been turned over the color will be lighter than the color that it will actually be. You are aiming for a medium-dark golden brown.
8. I also use a meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is completely done in the middle. Not necessary, but safe.
9. Once they are done, put on a plate or a drying sheet so that they can cool off. Wait about 10 minutes and then enjoy!


Hope that was helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment