Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Fantastic Summer Drink


So I have really been craving lemonade, so obviously I made some. For one it is cheaper, and for two it just tastes better. Probably because it is made with love. But I thought to myself, "I don't want just plain lemonade.... whats the easiest way to fix this problem?" Well I have the solution for that dilemma right here. Not only does it taste fantastic, but it helps you use those frozen berries that have been sitting in your freezer for what seems like a decade.




Simple solution:
Berry ice cubes!!!



Let berries sit out and defrost or you can microwave them, either way they work. I poured a little bit of lemonade into my ice cube tray, and by little I mean like a quarter of an inch if that. Then juice and all, dump the berries into the tray and using your fingers or a spoon or whatever, spread them around to be somewhat even. Freeze and then once hardened, pop out and put into your lemonade. They will melt and change the flavor of just plain ol' lemonade but still be wonderful. Literally any kind of frozen fruit would work. And I am sure there are a thousand other things you could do with this. Try em out and let me know what worked and what didn't work.






Just another down home southern idea.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment